Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Goodnight, Travel Well

Hannah, Jordan and myself all decided today that we would take a random word and write our blogs around that word. The past two days we haven't been able to come up with a word but today Jordan said we should write on the word "travel". We thought it would be fun to see the different paths we all take with the same word.

I love to travel. I would love to travel much more than I have and I'm sure opportunities will come up in the future. I have been all over America, spent 10 days in the Dominican Republic, a week in Canada, Mexico and two trips with a group from college to Northern Ireland. Each place that I've visited have given me some really cool experiences. We live in a beautiful world. I've been to the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean, the Redwood National Forrest, Yellowstone, the tops of the mountains of Breckenridge and Park City, and Giant's Causeway and the North Coast of Ireland. Their all incredibly beautiful in their own way.

I really enjoy seeing sights and connecting with God through creation and the beauty of nature but the thing that really makes traveling special and stick out to me is the people I travel with and the people you meet when traveling. Ireland is by far my favorite place I've been and it wasn't because of the rolling green hills or the massive cliffs. I fell in love with Ireland because of the people and the culture there. Such a kind, caring, fun and genuine group of people. The people there seem to be much more authentic and real than what you get here in the states.

The bond you make with the people you travel with and the stories you hear from complete strangers make most memories for me. Maybe that's why I go crazy on beach vacations. My mom and my sister are the type of people that could spend and entire week sitting on the beach and just napping or reading a book. That drives me insane! I want to be with people and experience the culture of wherever I am.

There is something so intriguing about seeing the diversity of life and how many different people there are in the world. I think traveling reminds me just how massive the world is and how many people there are in the world. It shows me how powerful God is to have made this beautiful earth.

Traveling shows me just how incredibly different people are and how much different their lives look than mine but that we are all part of the human race. We all have families, friends and lovers. We all struggle with loneliness, terrible jobs, stress, fear and anxiety. We are all searching. We all feel that void in our lives. A void we fill with money, sex, fame, status and pride but still leaves us wanting more. We all know deep down that there has to be something more out there. There has to be something more than what this world has to offer.

I'm glad I've found it.

Go out and travel! Meet someone you completely different than you and find out that we all aren't that much different!

Goodnight, Travel Well

Parker Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment