Friday, July 18, 2014

We Are All That We Are

I am a dreamer. I am a student. I am a disciple. I am a son. I am a brother. I am a friend. I am a lover. I am a kid. I am a warrior. I am insecure. I am afraid. I am rude. I am blunt. I am unapologetic. I am a graduate. I am a youth pastor. I am a Cincinnatian. I am an American. I am a stranger. I am immature. I am presistent. I am a musician. I am a flake. I am a gen Y. I am a man. I am a boy. I am passionate. I am lazy. I am a visionary. I am a procrastinator. I am a doubter. I am a child of the King.

We are all that we are. We can't change the past. We can't change the things that made us into who we are now. We let the mistakes we've made or the things we've let happen become our identity. We see our shortcomings and our failures above everthing else. We compare our darkest moments to others highlight reels. We tell ourselves we're broken. We convince ourselves we're used goods. We say we can't forgive. We say we can't love again. We say we'll never be the same. We say we can't change.

You are beautiful. You are loved. You are a daughter. You are a son. You are a father. You are a mother. You are a sister. You are a brother. You are precious. You are amazing. You are more than your mistakes. You are blameless. You are justified. You are sanctified. You are a perfect. You are pure. You are forever evolving. You are forever changing. You aren't the same person you were yesterday. You won't be yourself tomorrow. You have been bought. You have been ransomed. You have been paid for. You are a child of the King.

We've all been hurt. We've all been burned. Life isn't what we hoped it would be. Something happens that strips us of our innocence. Are you who you thought you'd become? When you were a child without a care in the world? Is this how you thought things would be? No. Not even close. You'd like to think that you were invincible. Weren't we all once? Before we felt lost for the first time? We are all broken. But that's not the end of our story.

We can be frogiven. We can be identified by more than just our mistakes. We can change. We can transform. We can draw closer. We can be heard. We can be cured of our doubting blood. We can be drained of the sins we love. We can let go of our disbelief. We can be made right. We can become children again. We can be who we are made to be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment